Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Difficult…

frustratingWe got a Facebook message from some friends that went through the same church planter training I did (with http://arcchurches.com).  Their church is now 5 mos old and doing well, although not yet as big as they had imagined it would be.

One of the things they told me was that the entire process was “really hard in so many ways (way more than we could have ever anticipated or anyone could have communicated), but also rewarding.”

I must admit that this is a bit unnerving.  I know it’s not going to be easy.  I know there will be times we want to give up.  But hearing from someone just a few months ahead of us in the process that it’s REALLY tough kinda gets your attention.

It makes us rethink why we’re doing this.  We KNOW that Watermark is God’s idea, so we’re staying with it.  We’re going to not just persevere and survive, but thrive.  I believe that most churches that fail don’t make it because the people just give up.  I don’t want that said of me.

All that said, we welcome your prayers.  We know the road ahead won’t be easy, but we’re committed.  We want to finish well!

No comments:

Post a Comment